View Single Post
      11-30-2020, 07:10 AM   #162
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Hockey4 View Post
Kids are hardy and adapt easily to change, and they will get over it.

This is incorrect, for myself, and anyone else I knew. Studies prove otherwise also. I would have taken my parents screaming, throwing shit sexless miserable pieces of shit, then what happened at 8.

Selfishly someone can tell themselves that, but kids (outside the screaming) would much rather have them together. And quite frankly, is probably a #1 problem in our society today, not having 2 parents to raise, help and support. (yea thats not real successful in sep. homes as they move on with their next family)

That doesn't mean kids of 2 parents don't get in trouble, but there success rate is MUCH higher, in all aspects'
It's interesting reading peoples' opinions there. My parents divorced when I was 22ish - years after I left home. They were (are still) good parents, so I didn't have what I'd consider to be a bad time when i was growing up. However since they separated I have always said I wish they'd just gone their separate ways much much sooner. Looking back at my teenage years I can see now that they were miserable together...it seems like such a waste, and I know it didn't help the atmosphere at home. My sisters did a lot of ballet which my mum transported them around for, and my dad worked 7 days a week for years (fisherman) - I think both of those were convenient/constructive reasons for them not to be in the house together (though they were back every night).

My partner and I get on fine day to day, except the odd disagreement (no shouting etc), so I don't think it's negatively affecting kiddo... If it does get bad, I know I'll be weighing up my options more carefully. At the moment leaving doesn't feel like an option, which I guess does contribute to me feeling more stuck.
Appreciate 0