View Single Post
      07-03-2020, 07:50 AM   #8
E91WAG3N
Wagon Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: E39, E91, E91

Definitely avoiding large vehicles. My wife hates them and so do I. Tons of typical American replies in here, was hoping for something out of the box. Yes a minivan or SUV does the job but the sheer size is unnecessary and both drive like utter crap. Mercedes Metris is the only thing in that realm that peaks my interest.

My mom actually has a new X3 and it’s sitting in my driveway right now. I’ve driven it a bit in the last few weeks and hate it. Steering is numb, feels heavy and disconnected from the road.

Clearly a 3,000lb car isn’t an option here but we both love our E91s. I’m definitely of the analog crowd who prefers hydraulic steering, RWD, etc... but that era is behind us. E class wagon still seems to be the logical choice since we didn’t get the F11 5 series wagon here. Those 2 are as close as we can get to a good driving experience. There are a couple of car seats out there that are narrower in design (17 inches) and can fit 3 wide in a larger sedan. I’ve seen folks who have done it in an E class and Macan.
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9705.50