flipm3
E46 + E90 + F80
Rep
Drives: E46 + E90 + F80

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
December 2010

I noticed that there was A LOT of drivetrain slop when driving. At the track, I had great difficult shifting in 2nd gear. I could literally feel the engine and transmission move. The transmission mounts helped stiffen the drivetrain a fair amount, but still not enough. These were clear symptoms that my engine mounts were pretty worn out. I decided to invest in the Rogue Engineering Engine Mounts since they're mocked off the Grouppe N style and lower the drivetrain about 5mm. Since my front had to be dropped a little to throw in the engine mounts, I figured that I might as well get the front subframe reinforced as well. Fortunately, local race shop, VS Motorsports, were offering some great discounts on subframe reinforcements for the winter season.

Modifications:
Rogue Engineering Engine Mounts
Turner Motorsports Front Subframe Reinforcement

Pros:
1. Absolutely NO drivetrain slop with this engine mounts. Throttle response literally feels instantaneous. No more "Big Block V8" rocking of the engine when I tap the gas at idle.
2. Downshifting and rev-matching is SO MUCH easier. I was absolutely shocked by the drastic difference these engine mounts made.
3. With the stiffer engine mounts and with plans to own this car forever, the added security of the front subframe reinforcement is kind of nice. I will admit that it is a little overkill for a street driven car.

Cons:
1. Holy NVH Batman!! At idle, the interior of the car rocks a fair amount. With this being my daily driver, I would not enjoy the added NVH.

The engine mounts are currently up for sale as I have decided to move back to OE Engine Mounts. Unfortunately, I have to make a compromise in performance for comfort. These engine mounts truly made a huge difference and I really loved the performance. Again, with it being my daily driver, I couldn't stand the NVH at idle.

Pics taken by VS Motorsports:

Appreciate 0