View Single Post
      02-09-2017, 03:56 PM   #2
AlexM240i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD07 View Post
I'm planning on installing my Dinan midpipes soon and looking to bolt them up to the OEM axleback exhaust (not MPE). Anyone know the diameter of the stock exhaust off the top of their head? I know I can always unbolt the exhaust where it meets the downpipe and measure it myself, but wanted to avoid doing that until I went to install everything.

I need to buy a clamp to mate the midpipes to the axleback exhaust after I cut it, and was trying to spend maybe $20-30 for the clamp rather than $80-100+ from BMW or ECS tuning. Just need to know exactly what size to get. 60mm? 80mm? I know the Dinan midpipes are 3.25", which is about 82.5mm. If I had to guess, id say the OEM exhaust is around 2.5" (63.5mm). Maybe 2.25" (~57mm)? Would this mean that I would need a clamp that specifically has a different inlet and outlet size? A clamp is a clamp to me as long as the diameter is the correct size. Here is a link to what I'm looking for, but in hopes of finding something generic much cheaper that will get the job done in an equal fashion.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...FdeLswodU7ECIg

Interesting. Subscribing....
Appreciate 0