Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
And that's the point, you'll never know who is on the right side of history. The climate is not going to change in any significant way during the remainder of your lifetime. Furthermore, you have no basis from which to judge it has changed do to human affect and whether it is good or bad. Observing weather patterns on yearly or even century time frames is pointless because of the geological scale.
Again, there are people who are more qualified in this area who don't share your opinion.

Quote:
If you really believed any of this climate hysteria you'd sell your M3 and drive just your i3. Yet you post pics in other threads of your track escapades at Laguna Seca. Tracking an M3 is a serous waste of carbon for no reason other than your selfish pleasure.
My M3 and my M4 are pretty much track only cars. I only put 12k miles on my last M3 over 3 years, even after I was splitting daily driving duties with it for the first year. I've had my M4 for 9 months and it only has 3k miles on it, mostly on weekend cruises and track days. I no longer even commute, but even when I was just running to the grocery store, I took the i3. I recently returned my leased i3 (my third leased i3 btw), and I am shopping for something as economical and fun to drive. However, it is difficult to justify it when I no longer commute. I also have an SUV, which we use for long distance road trips, something that I have always stated the EV isn't ideal for. Maybe one day. We are in the market for solar panels and battery cells, so we are doing something.

But you are right, I have no excuse. My M4 is for selfish pleasure. It is difficult to track an EV. There is one track in my area that has a charger nearby, but I only go to that track once or twice a year because of the distance. The ICE is just easier. However, to be clear, I know I'm not ready for 100% EV right now, but I don't expect anyone else to be either..

I know that not everyone can replace their old reliable 10 year old Corolla for even a used Tesla that will eventually need a new battery out of warranty. I stated in another post that leasing EVs is currently the best bet due to the cost of battery replacement. I know charging is an issue for those who live in an apartment. I'm a realist, believe it or not.

I also support the ICE ban in 2035 even though it means eventually giving up track days in an ICE car.

I want to deal with this issue in a realistic way. What I won't do is let my love of motorsport convince me climate change isn't real.

Quote:
H20_doc has a Z51 package Z7 and a M2. BGM-M3comp drives an M3 too. You three are the loudest mouthed climate criers on Bimmerpost. So why should any of us give a crap about what you say. It's really a waste of electrons on top of the carbon fuel and resultant emissions you guys spew. That's the joke and why there is laughter.
I can't speak for them, but they probably have their own reasons, similar to mine. We aren't ready to be 100%, but we are willing to at least get there.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 2
BGM-M3COMP2329.50
chris7197371.00