View Single Post
      02-04-2023, 08:47 PM   #26
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
I mean, have you ever bought a car before? Most people have no idea or control over who their lender will be when they go and buy a car from a dealership.
I'm starting to wonder if you have ever.

I've leasead, used dealer financing, brought my own financing, and had the dealer offer me their financing that ended up being with my bank anyway.

Quote:
The borderline sociopath gymnastics in this thread are amazing. It's perfectly fine to take advantage of people if they are poor or unprepared, got it.
Perhaps it's the lack of mental flexibility that is thwarting you. If you are stupid, you do stupid things. If you do stupid things, you get bad results. You can go through life blaming others for your stupidity, or you can ask for help. We can make laws to protect stupid people, but that seems to have limits.

Quote:
Yeah, the story was so lacking in basic logic that an arbitrator awarded them $225k and excoriated the dealership.
That doesn't explain the title transfer part on the trade-in. How did they sell a car with no title? Like literally, what instrument/process did they use?

Seems there are other culpable parties, or missing elements in the story.

If they were defrauded, it's a story about a legal matter as much as being about consumer finance education. If it were a story about being a car with a fraudulent bad title, we'd be talking about the dealer being crooks, not about predatory sales methods. Fraud is it's own issue, and it's already illegal.

It's not illegal to be stupid.
Appreciate 0