View Single Post
      04-09-2024, 11:40 AM   #9
SteVTEC
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 335i vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I'll go in defense of the car guy assistance. While I'm not a fan of Tesla's Model 3/Y design nor the HMI inside because it's too much reliant on the screen, if the family member is keen on the charging requirements and understand what they are getting into, then I can't argue the choice. If it fits their use case of course.

The only friction I see is your family member is not car-oriented, which is fine, the World needs diversification, but with an EV it forces you to pay more attention to the apparatus. Tesla makes it much easier than the CCS EV environment, but it's still not gas-and-go like they are use to.
Yeah, the secondary/lifestyle factors all lined up for there not to be any deal breakers for getting a Tesla.

No freezing cold weather that might cause charging or driving issues in the winter. Very low mileage driver, so might only need to charge once or twice per month anyways. No trips anywhere close to being out of range. Typically if they go anywhere, they're hopping on a plane. Won't be able to home charge, but tons of tons of Superchargers and freebie mall or grocery store type complimentary L2/L3 chargers to use in the area (San Jose). Flex work from home schedule and their company isn't even U.S. based, so very easy to go and freeload off of the above chargers or off-peak supercharger hours when everybody else is working, no problem. Tons of this person's friends drive Teslas also (every other car in San Jose is a Tesla, lol) so very easy to find local network support/advice for whatever random strange issue that might arise.

So it was a very safe choice all things considered that I think they'll enjoy.
Efthreeoh17424.50