Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
when Merc' squeezes more performance its cheating.. when Red Bull does its innovation.. this is getting old..

Merc' is a more than 100 year old automobile company.. Red Bull is a energy drink company..

a little history stat.. Red Bull wasnt even an idea yet when Merc' made its first turbo engine car.. Honda's first turbo car is 4-5 years (decades) later than Merc's first.. Honda sold its his first turbo car in US 15 (!) years ago only.. is that hard to see how? seems so for anyone closes their eyes..

-----

and here is the speed trap data from qualifying from the weekend..

even on half of the sectors Lewis is slower than Red Bull cars.. and none on top.. where is that 20kmh faster than everybody Mercs?

being delusional and being creative are different things.. being rational is way past of course..
Here is the really funny thing about the RBR crew here: They ignore the fact that Mercedes Benz through Gottlieb Daimler and Karl Benz invented the automobile. Further, they are the most innovative car company on the planet. To quote Jeremy Clarkson, "If you want to see what will be on your car in the next decade, go and look at the new S-Class whenever one is introduced." It has been their policy to NOT PATENT SAFETY INNOVATIONS because they are for the greater good.

Lastly, they are one of the most risk-averse organizations on the planet. They typically don't even introduce updates to their street cars until a minimum of 10 years of experience has been seen with the parts. Think about that for a moment.

Having spent a significant amount of time with the racing team and at the AMG factory, I singularly admire their integrity, dedication to excellence, and push for maximum performance across all parameters.

They get it right most of the time as their current stint in F1 has shown.

Cheers-mk
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 3
Bongoxxx804.00
minn1914037.50
yco5748.50