View Single Post
      10-13-2021, 04:38 AM   #297
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
The upgraded intercooler likely incorporates upgraded piping and coolant lines which must fit in an already cramped space. Also, location will need to be optimized to avoid unnecessary drag while providing sufficient cooling (balancing act).

I’m curious whether running a beta unit allows Merc to run the PU exclusively and not offer similar spec to customer teams. All PU Maps remain identical, so MERCs achieve better performance and lower temps than customer teams despite running identical boost maps. If so, it’s a brillant move on their part.

Speed trap figures and top speed won’t tell the full story here, it’s the midrange acceleration improvement which is generally not extrapolated from the speed traps that are located near braking zones. A high downforce package impacts top speed (terminal velocity) much more than acceleration.

I posted speed deltas from the gps data from fastest qualifying laps in this thread a few pages back.
They must have been working on the I/C system for quite a while especially within the tight confines that we've seen on the rare occasions when an engine cover was removed and it must work in conjunction with the plenum cooling sensor.
Appreciate 1