10-12-2021, 09:01 PM   #291
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
when Merc' squeezes more performance its cheating.. when Red Bull does its innovation.. this is getting old..

Merc' is a more than 100 year old automobile company.. Red Bull is a energy drink company..

a little history stat.. Red Bull wasnt even an idea yet when Merc' made its first turbo engine car.. Honda's first turbo car is 4-5 years (decades) later than Merc's first.. Honda sold its his first turbo car in US 15 (!) years ago only.. is that hard to see how? seems so for anyone closes their eyes..

-----

and here is the speed trap data from qualifying from the weekend..

even on half of the sectors Lewis is slower than Red Bull cars.. and none on top.. where is that 20kmh faster than everybody Mercs?

being delusional and being creative are different things.. being rational is way past of course..
Your post and data is useless ...

•Firstly

It shows a speedtrap during the QF .
How was the weather and track during the QF ?
Yeah ...It was wet !

•Secondly

Merc's 20 km/h faster on the straights is been measured via GPS-Data .
The GPS-Data regarding speed is the average speed over the length of a straight line .
The length of the straight (distance) divided by the traveled time will give you the avarage speed over the length .

•Let me help you mate .A simple example :

Divide the total distance by the total time in 0.1 seconds , seconds or hours. For example: you drive 100 km in 1 hour 30 minutes: The total time in seconds is (1 x 3600) + (30 x 60) = 3600 + 1800 = 5400 seconds. So the speed in meters/second is 100000 / 5400= 18.52 m/s.
As you can see ...That gives a number mate . And the Merc's average number is at least 15/20 km/h higher .

•Conclusion

I'm pretty sure , as you say the energy drink company (F1-Red Bull) is one of the most advanced teams in the F1 field .
And I don't think that we MAX fans are retarded .

But I also agree with something as you say : Merc' is a more than 100 year old automobile company .
That's for sure mate ! Mercedes was a big part of the WWII German BlitzKrieg !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60145.00