02-11-2021, 03:50 PM   #122
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
I follow your logic. However, despite you assuming that I have no experience with cadillac nor with the ATS line, a buddy of mine bought that car, he was in his thirties, not old, I was in my twenties. I liked the exterior of the car, and the performance seemed great although I never drove it. I thought the interior was cool, unique, different. But the same perception as you I hated the VUE touchscreen, and so did he. This new blackwing has the same touchscreen in a package that just looks cheap, the UI looks dated, and that is before fingerprints are riddled all over it. Further, the manual transmission version (the bread and butter) forgoes the spinwheel navigation option ie you have to touch the screen. Further, the interior has those circlar shaped wiper and turn signal knobs, the same ugly and cheap design from chevy aveo's that you get on your vacation rental (when you are an up-and-coming). So for these reasons, the interior sucks. I will not withhold my opinion on an online opinion forum just bc it is the unpopular one to you and others. Cadillac will not be on my cross-shopping list until they fix their interiors. If you or someone else likes the Caddy interior (maybe you dont care about the things I care about). Great, buy it. And no, this doesn't mean I buy cars just for interior and don't care about performance. Last I checked, BMW still makes the best performing luxury car for the money.
The ATS and this interior isn't close to the same. It has a touchscreen and also a control knob in the console, it also has buttons and knobs on the dash. You don't ever need to touch the screen unless you want to. Stick with the "interior sucks" if you want as it's an opinion. Not seeing Aveo and please tell me more about how much better the "Ultimate Driving Machine" interior is, they ever figure out steering feel or they give up? -

People complained that in the ATS there wasn't a volume knob (I only use the buttons on the steering wheel as that's where my hands are) and now people complain that there is one on the dash and the console and somehow it bothers them.
Name:  2020-cadillac-ct5-v-110-1584446683.jpg
Views: 3238
Size:  107.8 KB
Efthreeoh17466.50