View Single Post
      03-23-2024, 05:05 PM   #160
Watching The World Burn
Lengthy but not a Girthy Member
Rep
Drives: 1971 Honda Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
There is no other lender. We’re talking about loans issued purely by the federal government.

This whole tangent is due to Watching The World Burn being so bent out of shape at the use of the word profit when referring to revenues that exceed expenses on a government program. But also not wanting to call it a tax. But it is “interest”.

Interest is revenue generated on loans which drives profits on loans. Just like rent is revenue generated on real estate that drives profit on real estate.

The double speak is insane.
Wait - where did I say that the government does not tax people or that I don't want you to say that the government imposes a tax? I don't believe I said that all - only that #1 and #2 are different. One is interest, the other is truly an income tax.

Of course they tax people, that's how they derive a supply of money to redistribute into the form of services. But they didn't earn it in the truest sense of the word.

Even interest charged on loans - from where did that money come from? Did they earn the capital that was loaned? If it was not their capital to begin with, then hard for me to suggest they have earned anything or contributed anything.

Again, this goes back to the previous point wherein I believe you could reasonably view the government as a parasite and be reasonably accurate in doing so.
Appreciate 0