Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
range management becomes subconscious and i can gauge it at a glance. its not a big deal. my wife and i actually moved in 2018 and i'm about 6 miles farther from work, so about 12 miles more round trip. i was worried at first, but after a few weeks in various conditions, i don't even think about it. the number one, and by a huge margin, range reducing element is windy days. not a breeze, just strong winds. i take the m3 on those days if it needs to be driven, or i simply charge at work.

the thing i don't like about the i3 is most around here have the range extender. i want less moving parts and the gas generator on those rex i3's complicates them. other than that, i've heard great things. i'm just after ultra cheap transportation.
For sure, I'd only consider the BEV version only, those are the ones that actually seem to be going for cheaper as it seems people want the range extender?

And you bring a great point too. As I mentioned, my commute is less than 10 miles. Yesterday, it was very low 30's with high winds, and my Z4M which runs on 10W60 motor oil barely made it to operating temp by the time I got to work.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm more interested in electric cars that are affordable (and reliable) with range of 120-150 miles. No interest in them when they're $70k+
Get an electric car, you'll love it.