View Single Post
      05-23-2020, 11:09 AM   #6
Haagen-Dazs
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Apollo 13

Hello friends!

I have decided to replace and update my xenon bulbs. I went with Osram Xenarc Night Breaker Laser's.

It was tougher that expected because tutorials online pointed towards the existence of 3 bolts. Two on the top and one on the side. Turns out, there are two on top and two on the bottom. I had issues with the bottom bolts because it's so tight and my socket does not have a magnet, so screws fell, the tip of the socket fell, and so on. I'm usually fine doing these types of small upgrades, but this one was a bh and a certain point.

About the bulbs, I installed Osram Xenarc Night Breaker Lasers and they are great! I noticed a big big improvement, but I also think that a big part of that was because my bulbs were quite dim already, and I had no idea. In terms of the colour of the light, it's quite yellow, in my opinion, but much whiter than it was before. But the main reason for upgrading was the reach of the bulb, not colour.

Overall, I'm quite satisfied!

As always, I did a video installing the bulbs and showing a comparison. Not by best work, but I think it may be helpful. I'll be doing a couple more DIY's (F10 M5 gear knob, LED tail lamps and steering replacement) soon.

Appreciate 0