Thread: Lexus IS-F
View Single Post
      12-04-2006, 01:05 PM   #13
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

I concur. A few thoughts -

I'm curious if they tighten up the handling, suspension, to match this type of hp performace. No point in accelerating this fast in a straight line and then having to slow down to 20 or 30 to go around corners. When I tested the IS, the body roll was very noticable (and too much of it existed)...

Another thing about this is I'm guessing most of the Lexus buyers are older and want the soft cushy Lexus drive, etc. I doubt the majority of them are concerned with accelerating at the capabilities of that engine. From going to lunch with people at work, I found that the normal average person accelerates like molasis off the line.

Another thought is that the person looking for this type of performace, is probably interested in the handling and how the car actually turns. I couldn't really see this person (with a performance oriented vision) going to buy a Lexus.

That's all. IMHO, People who want the performace will go to a 335 or M3.

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.

Last edited by Josh49; 12-04-2006 at 03:12 PM..
Appreciate 0