View Single Post
      12-15-2021, 01:12 PM   #82
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Christmas is not a holiday held in high regard by my family. It's a month long reminder of something that never should have happened, that ultimately took my father from us. We spend the month of December drinking heavily and trying not to remember.

I have one Christmas decoration that I bring out. It's an antique stuffed snowman who looks like he's been on a bender. Old tattered, no facial expression, just beaten with a blank stare. It's the only decoration suitable for the holidays in my home.

We had joked about a solid black Christmas tree, but even that is more effort than this godforsaken holiday deserves in my opinion. Before I catch hell on my last comment....Jesus was born June 17th, so I'll say whatever I like about this monstrosity of capitalism disguised as a religious holiday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
The last 6 months has been very hard on our family. My sister just sent me this pic, says she has the tree up. This about sums it up for me too.
I feel this ornament with everything I am.
Appreciate 1
Murf99314116.00