04-20-2013, 09:52 AM   #102
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
You have to be careful with the mods. For race cars, more mods don't mean more value. I'd stay close to a BMWCCA, SCCA, and other racing series. Also look at NASA and what TT class M3s are competitive in (I think mostly TTB). Otherwise if it comes time to sell, you'll take a massive loss if you over modify. Or you just won't be able to sell it. Versus just a big loss if you keep it close to the racing organization specs. Or if you decide to race then you're not removing the mods.

Quite honestly, I think carbon fiber parts are a total waste of $$$. If you tell me that a CF roof totally transformed the car...I will tell you you're full of sh1t. There are MUCH better places to spend the $$$.

I think some series will move you up a couple of classes if you have a carbon roof or even a FG sunroof delete. If you look at the E9X M3...it starts in NASA TTB with almost no room for mods. The carbon roof and DCT really bumps it up. I think after tires you're bumping up against TT3.
i dont even have a clue as to what class i would be closest to. just being built as a semi dual purpose car instead of the e90 at this point. the chump car will be my actual race car.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0