View Single Post
      12-22-2006, 10:34 PM   #20
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63, 135i, Evo FE, GLE63

Well I managed to get a drive in a 335i sport/auto sedan last night with 2 others in the car. I'd call it grin-inducing FAST when you floor it off the line, pushing the pedal past the resistance point. I didn't get to take it around many curves, so can't comment on the handling but it definitely felt adequate. I was very impressed with the power. Not much engine noise in the cockpit, no turbo whine, and I felt no turbo lag (then again, I'm used to lag in my Evo) Outside the car, the exhaust certainly had personality and it's nice BMW tinkered with it. Although, I can't deny I prefer the sound of a V8.

Unfortunately the salesguy knew I was waiting for an M3 so tried to get me to step up to an M5... he let us check it out a bit... firing up the engine was magic. That car is a masterpiece. I haven't felt so excited over a car since I first drove a 911.... I hope the M3 makes me that nuts. The width-adjustable seats in the M5 are incredible. Lots of gadgets in that car. I wonder how many will carry over into the M3?

That's about it.
Appreciate 0