04-19-2021, 10:50 PM   #8
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
I would have a talk with your preferred dealer's service department. The sales experience while it may not be up to your liking, will not have as much of an impact long-term (even during a lease) as your service experience since that is what you are worrying about most. Discuss with them what the loaner experience is like in case of an emergency repair. I can't speak for the SoCal area, but I would assume there are a few Alfa dealers to check out.

The better of the dealers are the ones that are paired with Maserati (one by me is even paired with Ferrari), rather than Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep. Anyone with worries as to Alfa surviving can be reassured as the Stellantis CEO has said that they intend on keeping Alfa in the states and bringing out new products for them and Maserati.

It really is a hard decision, truly one of going with your head versus your heart as there really is nothing that drives as well as the Giulia in its class, not to mention the lease deals I've seen on Leasehackr for the Giulia's are really good. I think it could be a great car to lease but I'm also not as adverse to risking it for a 2.0T, a QV would be a different story. If I did get one, I'd get a Ti Sport with the Performance Package.

Good Luck
All good points, thanks as always man.

Nothing else in this segment really interests me. A4, C-class are both whatever. IS would have my interest if they re-did the interior. I'll give the 330i a look but I'm not as fond of the G20 as I'd like. But BMW is certainly a safer choice. You know what you're getting with a BMW from an ownership perspective, with Alfa it's up in the air.
Appreciate 0