04-11-2024, 01:21 PM   #32
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
You know what's funny? Our cars came w RFTs and everyone was raving about PSSs and that I *must* get rid of those OEM tires asap cuz it's gonna be night and day. Well, to me it wasn't lol. I don't do crazy stuff on public roads, so while I could feel better grip, it wasn't anything earth-shattering amazing. I suppose if one goes to the track or does more extreme things in public, maybe, but talking about spirited driving, I don't feel much improvement and I wonder if some ppl are just giving their input due to placebo. This also goes for ppl who say they can feel a difference of 1 psi in tires haha. I shudder to think of how much $$$$$ in spent in like, what 13 years, exclusively using PSSs, including replacements. Ouch.

On my 2014 535i I went from the ROF Michelin Primacy's. When those wore out, I, on a whim, bought the (non-ROF) Pilot Super Sport's. I didn't like them at all as, to me, they felt squishy and lacked steering feel; I went back to the Primacy's. I know I seem to be in the minority here.
Appreciate 0