View Single Post
      07-29-2011, 11:14 AM   #5
NJSMGM3
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2003 M3-Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroTrip View Post
If you purchased from a non-BMW dealer...see below. If you did, then make sure you contact BMW corporate about the issue.

This happens all the time when people buy BMWs from non-BMW centers. Let me explain:

When BMWs are traded in or returned on lease, the dealership evaluates whether the car is easily (cheaply) reconditionable. If it is a clean car free of obvious issues or significant paintwork, then they will keep it for their pre-owned inventory. If the car is a piece of sh!t, like this one sounds like it may have been, they "kick" the car to auction. These auctions are where these independent dealerships get their cars!

You probably have no recourse other than an expensive lesson. Next time, be sure to support your local BMW authorized dealer. In life, you get what you paid for and unfortunately I see this at least once a month when my customers don't want to pay "stealership" prices. They call me a week after buying from a little shop and are bitching about the low quality of what they bought.

Expensive mistake that you wont ever make again...thats the only upside.
Thanks for the advice. Yes I purchased the from a non-BMW dealer. The dealer is a high end dealer. I went to the dealer on recommendation from friends, 2 of them purchased range rovers and the 1 got an M5. None had problems. So I assumed the mine wouldn’t either. I ran the car fax for my car and it seemed perfect, 1 owner, no accidents and steady maintenance on the car. No indication of any problems. Why would I assume there would b a problem? The car was not from an auction, the previous owner traded the M3 for a BMW 650 at the dealer. After speaking with the dealer, his shop changed the temp censor and the salmon color relay and I haven’t had problems since. He said he would just like to change the pump just in case, so I am taking it there this weekend for a new pump at his cost. Not all used car dealers that are not BMW are horrible. I just needed to sit down with him and let him know that I will not pay for a broken car. He explained a lot of people try to get over on dealers so he has to be careful who he believes. In the end it all worked out well. Thanks again buddy