View Single Post
      12-01-2020, 02:01 PM   #196
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Interesting read, I was supposed to tie the knot back in August, but covid pushed that to May. Been together maybe 9yrs now, so concerns are very minimal. In mind my were already married, been living together for 3 maybe 4yrs now. Bills are already combined an all that good stuff. Looking forward to getting that tax break finally lol!

In regards to religious aspect, I was raised catholic. Catholic school from K-8. With that said I'm not overly religious anymore. I acknowledge that he is present, but don't use it as a crutch. Fiance is Catholic as well, but same perspective as myself. Neighbors who are engaged offered to introduce us to their pastor and join a religious support group for engaged couples, but rejected that rather swiftly. To each their own though!

In regards to the divorce w/ kids aspect. My parents divorced when I was 8 or 9. Looking back I feel bad for my father. Mother was stay at home through us growing up, so 90%-95% of the time we were with her. Dad missed out on a lot, and being a kid you often don't want to hear advice from your parents. Funny how now being an adult I wish I had heeded some of his insight as well as given him more slack. Don't get me wrong, we have a great relationship now, but growing up it felt more like an obligation. If you want to maintain a rather proper connection with your kids then I would recommend toughing it out. First couple years of the divorce was hell, constant fighting, probably why I am emotionally dull on the inside haha.
Appreciate 1