View Single Post
      12-01-2020, 12:59 PM   #192
jeegunkim
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i xDrive, 2023 M3CX

Reading through this thread is very depressing and discouraging - but i totally get it.

Oddly enough, I just got married last month - 11.11.20. We were engaged less than a month before we tied the knot via Zoom/City Hall.

I get that Covid has all of us going crazy, being locked inside with your significant other can be a dangerous thing but fortunately, I was shocked at how well my now wife and I were getting along since the lockdown and being stuck together. I think it actually helped improve our relationship and we grew even closer. I knew that if we can stick this out together, we can face anything. We are very untraditional and low key, I literally proposed in between work calls while she was just laying on the couch. We got married less than a month later via Zoom and have no plans to do a future reception or take a honeymoon (we actually travel a lot already, pre-Covid days). Now we are happier than ever and I feel very complete.

But I do agree with you all, everyone needs "me" time and it's only healthy for the relationship as long as both parties are emotionally stable enough with trust to give each other time and space when needed. Hope my experience makes some of you re-think your current predicament and to try and make things work but totally recognize that not everything is meant to last forever.