Rep
Drives: F30 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2PUTT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by to_riffic View Post
To own any car in Singapore is insane. I miss that region of the world. Richard Mille watch....curious to see what else he has in the garage now!
My family and I spent a few days over there in 2019 for business/pleasure. Our local friends were telling us how much it cost to own and register a car over there. It was shocking. Ironically, we stayed in the financial district and we saw lots of Crazy Rich Asian cars driving around.
From memory, I think they have the odds and evens plate system like Manila too? You can only drive on certain days depending on your number plate.
[QUOTE=Davil;27557952][QUOTE=2PUTT;27544491]
Quote:
Originally Posted by to_riffic View Post
To own any car in Singapore is insane. I miss that region of the world. Richard Mille watch....curious to see what else he has in the garage now!
In Singapore, we have regular cars, off peak cars and classic cars. The regular cars you can drive 24/7 while off peak cars (OPC) only for weekdays 7pm to 7am and full days on weekends. OPCs are red plated registration and also allowed full days on public holidays. Finally classic cars 35 years and older can be driven 45 days a year. Car owners can also opt to keep their car by renewing the COE based on 3 month prevailing quota premium rates of regular COE). For example a 1.6l car and below renewing for 10 years is around SGD44K / USD33K for May 2021! Above 1.6l is currently around SGD50K / USD37.5K!
The difference is all these car categories are tax differently and fixed running such as road tax, COE (certificate of entitlement are bidded and renewed every 5 or 10 yrs) and insurance are different. Those who opted for 5 years renewal will have to scrap when it expires while those who renewed 10 years are allowed to renew again and again. There is ERP or electronic road pricing on certain times when you drive pass certain roads and highways, a toll is deducted automatically from an IU unit with stored valued card or linked to a credit card).

In a nutshell, I just gave a general situation and cost of driving here. The roadtax cost involved is based on displacement. For example, a Ferrari 488 will need to pay a SGD3.8K / USD2.85K yearly.
Appreciate 2
Davil6523.00
Fuji550i389.50