Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
It wasn't about money. Brady got a 2 year $50M contract from Tampa Bay. That's hardly getting paid in the context of top quarterbacks and is directionally consistent with prior contracts he's signed with NE. Brady leaving NE was more about Bill Belichick and his ways than getting paid. It was also a good opportunity for Brady to diminish the long held belief that NE's success over the last 20 years was in large part because of Belichick and not him. Whether he wins or not next week, Brady taking Tampa Bay from 7-9 to SB berth in one season lays that claim bare.
I think money was a part of it. I heard they wanted to pay him 15M for 1 year with incentives that would be VERY hard to hit. That is a fucking insult to TB. He just got 25M per year for 2 years like you said.

TB has taken plenty of pay cuts over the years for the pats. Kraft should have stepped in and paid the man. He made Kraft so much damn money over the years and made him very popular and a house hold name.

I think him leaving and proving it was not 1/2 BB was certainly part of it but the money was an insult and he did not feel appreciated.

Kraft should have sat down and said how much money do you want, we will sign you for 3 years(which is rumored what he wants so he can retire at age 45), let's get this done. 75m.
Appreciate 0