11-30-2021, 04:41 AM   #37
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
Totally agree on viewing angle. Never understood what people enjoyed about straining their neck to look up at a TV.

I do have my basement TV mounted above a fireplace but it's a custom build and it's quite low. Plus it's an electric fireplace which doesn't generate a ton of heat, and blows air outwards.

But in the living room, I would absolutely hate having the TV above the fireplace.

Attachment 2754021
Attachment 2754022
I think both of these are great placements.

Like most opinion pieces, I feel like this was a piece written out of frustration after having an argument with someone about their TV placement. It all comes down to your floorplan and fireplace type and size. Have a huge fireplace or an open wood burning one? Maybe a TV above it isn't the best placement. Have a small fireplace? Then the height may be just fine for a TV. Regarding heat, if your fireplace is building enough heat through your wall to damage your TV, then you have a poorly designed and potentially dangerous fireplace an exhaust. If you have enough heat rising from your fireplace to damage your TV, then you probably shouldn't have anything on your mantel either. If designed and vented properly then heat shouldn't be an issue.

I had my TV above the fireplace in one of my rooms, but there was literally no other wall to put it on. It was a corner fireplace, 2 walls were all windows, one wall was doorways, and the final wall was the only wall that you could place seating. Above the fireplace it was. But it didn't feel too high and the fireplace was never used.

I also hate entertainment stands and things cluttering the floor. Anything that takes up space in a room or builds up along the wall is a no-go for me. I also hate cables, so it's wall panels and hidden conduit for me.

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 1
wtwo317971.00