View Single Post
      03-22-2024, 02:42 PM   #333
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Vanquish, FF, 392 Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
I never really look until I'm ready to buy something. I have to think about it more, and for sure drive a 458 before I get serious.

I'm pretty sure I can get that out of them, and they are long since paid off. I hate interest, so I piss and moan any time I have to get a loan for anything, then hustle my ass off until it's paid off. I'm still mad about the $900 in interest I paid on the M2.

I'm going to agree that nothing else gives that Ferrari feel, but I'm not sure the experience beats the combination of the Exige/M2 to the level of the difference in price.

I'll have to do a more detailed study on it.
You only live once and can't take the money with you when you're dead, I regret nothing. I also probably have a bit of a different view than most people since I play poker a few nights a week and winning or losing $1000-2000 is just a normal day so paying $500-1000/month in interest to own a sweet exotic doesn't bother me at all, I just look at it as a night of poker money. I have no kids, no other car payments and a very low mortgage payment so that helps. To each their own though.

I'd say the value upside potential of a 458 is significantly better than the near-guaranteed annual depreciation of the other two cars. Maybe the Exige holds value well, I know nothing about their market so I can't really say but for me the most expensive cars I've had cost me the least and made me the most. Just need to do your research, get the right car for the right price, enjoy it for a while, then sell it for what you paid or more. Easy right? lol
Appreciate 1
///MPhatic13937.50