View Single Post
      01-14-2022, 08:39 PM   #7
Drop the hammer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '17 F87 M2 AW, Dct

I have solid trex boards on my deck. The boards Just turned 17 years old. I went with the side up that had the embossed wooden grain in them. And 20 foot long boards so no seams on my 14x20’ deck. I did not use clipable boards (that’s a newer version) so when I installed I made a jig to perfectly set the board width and screw holes aligned perfectly to the joist so all screws are perfectly aligned.
Absolutely love the stuff. It’s is extremely durable. My floor joists are on 16 inch centres so no sag at all.
I pressure wash the deck and aluminum railing once in a while and it looks just like day one.
Couple of notes: caution when pressure washing, have to use lower pressure wider tip on my 3200 psi washer as it can damage the boards if you use the finer tip and hood wand too close (not an issue with me doing it, but I had one of my kids hit it once full pressure and they market it a bit, I stopped him and got the wider fan tip into the washer and all was fine). Also if you have a bbq up on deck, spills of grease can soak in, so I use a bbq mat in front of bbq. Only an issue when I’m cleaning and debris is flying off grill.

My new house is getting the clip style trex boards agai lbs with the wood grained top. No question, I will always go this route on any deck in future.
Appreciate 2
DETRoadster11456.00
vreihen1615214.00