View Single Post
      11-26-2021, 04:51 PM   #21
syd34
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i GC

Garage List
Here are some comments from AlexOnAutos about this topic. I thought it was a good perspective.

"Here's Consumer Report's latest auto brand reliability ranking. Most of this shouldn't be a surprise, but as always I encourage you to really dig into what the numbers mean and what they don't mean. Sound off below!

First up, they score from 0 to 100 and average is a score of 50, but Consumer Reports won't say what 100 and 0 really mean. How much more reliable is a 100 in the Lexus score than an 87 for Acura? Who knows.

But perhaps the most important thing is that their survey is based on just about 300,000 cars, significantly less than in prior years. 10 years ago CR was pulling in over 1.2 million responses which was a much better sample of the automotive world. Also, domestic brands are very poorly represented in this data set. Data is good for Toyota, Honda, Lexus, but mediocre for the Koreans, spotty for the European brands and practically non existent for the Americans. Brands missing from this list had too little data for them to speculate with but even the ones they did cover have massive gaps in the years and vehicles covered.

Big thanks to my friends over at TrueDelta who as always pour over, obsess, and explain the various testing methodologies in the industry."

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00044527030149
Appreciate 0