01-25-2024, 12:54 PM   #10
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
So are you saying they shouldn't respond to market trends? Hell even Ferrari's come out with an SUV

While I agree "M" is more about marketing now than ever before - that's pretty standard across the industry.... you can have audi S line and mercedes AMG badging on an A4 and a C300. We may not like it but it sells. But that doesn't mean you can't still have a proper "M" car that's the highest performance model available in its body style.

"eventually"..... you mean literally the first car listed?
Attachment 3372494

As for the specs - it seems the M2 webpage is missing the specs section either due to an error or an incomplete page. If you go to the M3 page, there are absolutely specs listed, including weight - along with engine specs, transmission gear ratios, etc:
Attachment 3372493

So has every car in existence? Which of BMW's direct competitors haven't increased in weight since 1986?

Not sure if you've driven a modern M car, but they are absolute beasts in terms of performance. While I agree they may not be as visceral of an experience as cars of the past (again, this isn't something exclusive to BMW, this is an industry-wide trend), to say BMW doesn't still make sports cars is crazy.
Bah it's in every enthusiast group.

"They stopped being real when they...

...got rid of the carburetor"

...added power steering"

...put in airbags"

I'm not saying I'm a buyer for the new stuff, but I also don't listen to new music. I think they still have the "driver" in mind. One of the few out there with three pedals still!
Appreciate 4
wtwo318041.50
Esteban44300.50