View Single Post
      07-13-2023, 12:35 PM   #2224
supra93
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4, E500, Supra, RX7

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
I never forgot that but that doesn't change the fact that th MK4 was an absolute porker in its day and that it wasn't as good of a driver's car as an FD RX7 or markedly better than a 300ZX (both of those cars have much cleaner, more timeless designs).
She ain't no Miata, but also not 3,600lbs as you claim (3,450lbs USA and 1,570kg or 3461lbs JP) which was not much more than a Z32 (3,240lbs) this was the only press release I could find, assuming it's a base model NA 2 seater??? Wikipedia had more trim and weight listed for the 2+2 (3,414lbs NA and 3,582lbs turbo), regardless, I feel like we're splitting hair at this point, but if you want to see a real pig you should look up the 3000GT VR-4 (3,759lbs) For those of us that actually own FDs there is a reason why it weighs as much as it did. A lot of us won't mind an extra hundred or two pounds if that meant the interior pieces and door handles weren't so fragile.

Regarding visual appearances, that is completely subjective and you are entitled to your opinion. Recalling previous discussions, it seems you are not a fan of the A80's styling. Which is fine, different strokes for different folks. My prior comments were simple fact base, but I can also add my 2 cents on the matter. Do I think it's the best-looking car ever made, nope, but I think it looks relatively good for its time period. Pre-Covid I use to drive it a lot and people were always asking me about my car and most are shocked to learn that it's a 93. Many of them think it's a modern day car. IMO, that is what "timeless designs" is.
Appreciate 1