View Single Post
      04-01-2024, 12:44 PM   #59
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llarry View Post
Along the same lines, Porsches with mid-engines: Ugghhh. The only REAL Porsches are rear-engine 356 and 911 models.

Actually, my tongue was firmly in my cheek on the above. I owned a 981S which was excellent, but I suggest we not buy into the "Porsche purist" thing.
Well, we could say that the original Porsches got their starts from the bones and drivetrains of the VW Beetle

I'm just crusty and believe that companies like Porsche, BMW, etc. were known for their sportscar and sports sedans and then they sold their souls to make SUVs. I'm fully aware that the Germans makes sell mountains of the SUVs in comparison to their passenger and sportscars.

It's sad to me, especially seeing a company like Porsche put it's name on an SUV that is largely a Audi/VW under the skin. Sure the motors is often slightly different, but still largely the same as the Audi/VW variants.