03-31-2024, 05:05 PM   #54
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
We looked at Macans before getting the Cayenne. IMO the base Macan felt underpowered. I would have gone for an S or higher. I also LOVED the GTS and that would be my first choice except for the fact that as a fat guy the seats were bolstered just a bit too much to make them slightly uncomfortable for long trips.

I would also second having the air suspension/PASM. Honestly one of my biggest issues and probably one of the reasons we will eventually get rid of the Cayenne is the ride quality is not that great. I recently drove a Macan GTS and the ride quality was night and day compared to the Cayenne without air suspension or PASM. I don't really know which one makes the most difference, the air suspension or the PASM because the GTS had both.

Also recommend going CPO or leasing (I don't know if they lease well or not) because they drop in value like a tank. Their CPO is unlimited miles which is nice and I believe it's 2 years standard but you can get a 3 year version. When I bought mine it seems the dealer was including the 3rd year in the price.

Maintenance is $$$ so I recommend getting an indy shop as it will be waaaaay less than the dealer. I have been quoted up to like $600 by dealers for an oil change. I pay less than $300 (which is still too high IMO).
My Cayenne has PASM and the ride is fantastic. Very noticeable difference too between normal, sport, and sport +.
Appreciate 0