View Single Post
      10-18-2021, 08:42 AM   #13
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000cs View Post
When I met my now wife, I was an executive. Lots of attractive potentials at work, but I didn’t dare date any of them because of (1) risk of harassment claim even if unfounded, and (2) if the relationship got serious one of us would have to quit the company, and that would have been her (lower income than mine), so we would have to get very serious very fast. Just too much risk.

Newish to the area so didn’t know a lot of people locally. Didn’t think I’d meet someone lasting at a bar, and not really a bar hopper myself. Some friends set me up with dates, pfft. Eventually got on eHarmony, which was free or inexpensive (I don’t recall, it’s been 11 years). Met my wife there.

My sister used Match after her divorce and met her husband there.

Not for everyone, but I had a good experience. I can see using something like the OP mentioned if only to weed out the non-serious, but that price also might weed out some wonderful people who won’t or can’t pay that price.
There is a third consequence with dating someone at work. Both of you get let go. This happened at a former employer. The guy was some upper exec. The girl was a subordinate....which coincidentally got promoted to a higher position. It also didn't help that both are (maybe were now) married so their relationship was extra-marital.

For the OP, those that are poo pooing online dating, they're just closed minded. It is what you make of it. I've been doing both eHarmony and Match for almost a year now. My experience has been generally positive. I opted for the online option because it does help me weed out women that I know won't work out for me quickly with their profiles. For you to do the same in real life would take more work and potentially more money. People don't walk around with all their high points projecting from their bodies. Many women, I've met up with have said that it's refreshing to actually have a guy that resembles their online profile. So the honesty that 2000cs stated in building your profile is 100% true.

I've had more success with Match and it's cheaper than eHarmony. Match has different tiers and you can sign up for smaller chunks of time versus eHarmony is now 1 year only. Although the latest lady I've connected with on eHarmony seems to be a winner. There is a new alternative. Facebook has gotten into dating. It's only available through their app. But it's free. So far, I'm reserving judgement. Have met up with a couple of women already in my short time using it and will be meeting up with another this week.

And the statement about if you need to use these apps because of not having the time to meet people doing things you love, is total BS. I would rather not waste my time dicking around as it's a given if you're on a dating site that you're looking to get into something more than a friendship. I was doing what you state with my dancing hobby where there are tons of women I get exposed to. Many of them are total train wrecks and I had enough when I kept running into women that were out messing around while hubby was at home.

The way I see these services is a way to expose you to women that you would otherwise have never met. I know quite a few women I've dated/gone on dates with I would have never met just going about my daily life.
Appreciate 2
2000cs3502.50
Germanauto9704.00