Emperor
Rep
Drives: M3, M3, M5, M5

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2017 BMW i3  [0.00]
2005 BMW M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2001 BMW M5  [0.00]
I've done a couple of projects that I haven't gotten around to taking pictures of or posting about-- namely roof rack delete, huge brake light output upgrades, and black headliner/pillars. Hopefully I will soon.

Until then, I installed this today. Belongs to a friend of mine, but I'm "storing" it for him for a couple of weeks in the wagon. Previously I've only had Sparco seats in track cars, never a Recaro or in a street car. This thing is definitely on a higher tier.

Recaro Profi SPG XL with a Brey Krause R-9222 seat mount on a BMW e46 power slider.

Initial impressions:
-getting in and out of the car sucks
-once seated, it's remarkably better (and comfortable)
-the stock 3 point belt receiver with the pre tensioner isn't great in either of the two ways you can run it (over the seat or through the hole). One way it digs into you, the other way it's too high for good contact. If I was going to run this long term, I'd likely use a rear seat belt receiver up front to get it better positioned, though it would be a shame to lose the pretensioner in the process.
-the headrest feels too far back (likely for helmet clearance) and a bit too little padding to be safe without a helmet
-the seating position is completely wonderful. This must be what it's like to be a normal person height. I can fit an entire fist above my head, and this car has a sunroof! I also don't have the steering wheel in the highest position. Traditionally I have to recline the seat a bit to fit in the car with a helmet on-- sub optimal.

All told, gives me lots of things to consider for this winter's seat project in my M3 coupe. :hmm:

2005 M3 Coupe, 2004 M3 Wagon, 2001 M5 Sedan, 2008 M5 6MT Sedan, 2012 128i M sport
Appreciate 0