View Single Post
      01-21-2021, 11:22 AM   #45
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Vanquish, FF, 392 Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
Which competitors have you driven and why is the Porsche significantly better than the others?

Also, why are you the last guy on the EV interest list but at the same time say "a Macan with a Taycan Turbo battery would be incredible"? Seems like you are very interested in the right EV.
I have driven a model 3 performance, model S P100D, and model X P100D, which are really the only main competitors as nothing else is nearly as fast. The P100D's both had ludicrous mode enabled.

The feel of the car is totally different. Even though it's 5000 pounds it feels much more like a sports car than the Panamera or any of the Tesla's with the model 3 being the closest. I drove the Taycan Turbo and a Panamera Turbo SportTurismo back to back. The handling is really great for a car that large/heavy, the instant torque is absurd and "feels" different than the Tesla's. Hard to explain without driving it. Try one, you will be surprised.

I'm not interested in EV's yet because the price point of a Taycan Turbo or Turbo S is too high and would be the only one I'd consider. But if you put that battery into a Macan and price it under $100k I'd be very interested. Don't know if that will ever happen as they won't want to undercut the Taycan by $50-60k. But one of those for a daily plus a 911 for weekends would be a great combo.
Appreciate 1
David701567.00