Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbonly21 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46/M3orBust View Post
So I've seen on a lot of online forums where people address this issue. They always assume it is the subframe but I had this exact same problem and my subframe was reinforced less than 10,000 miles ago with all new subframe bushings. It felt like my entire rear subframe was moving each time I accelerated or reversed. So I put it up on a lift and had someone accelerate and found the issue to be the Differential mounting bushings were very worn and the mounting hardware inside the bushings was moving hitting either the top or bottom of the mounting sleeve. If you have this issue get the car up on jacks and check those bushings under acceleration. I didn't have the tools to press these bushings out so I went ahead and just bought a new diff cover with brand new bushings already on. Hope this can help someone
Thanks, I have that issue, do you have any pictures.
I do not have any pictures but if you are looking at the diff from the rear of the car there will be two rubber bushings (OEM) on the back and both of mine were bad. I'll include a photo of the rear of the diff and you can see both bushings on top.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Jbonly211089.00