BMWCCA Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1997 M3 Sedan

Garage List
1997 BMW M3 Sedan  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
E36 M3 Forum

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but its the closest I could think of

I am really bummed there isn't a full-blown E36 M3 forum. I am grateful that the E46 was finally added, but especially in the last few years, the E36 has gained quite a following.

Sure...there is some criticism that it isn't a "true M car" but its performance on street and track is M worthy, despite the lack of ITBs and a higher redline.

I have been fortunate enough to own three different M cars (E36, E92, and F80) and the E36 has been the most fun to drive.

The fact is...when you are pushing over 300 WHP, you can't really "push" your car on the street in a legal way (or arguably safe way but I guess that depends on the environment and skill of the driver).

My E36 can be revved out to legal speeds in a controlled, and very fun fashion. With a few bolt on modifications (M50 manifold, suspension, catback, cold air intake, tune), the car really comes alive and is something truly special.

The values of these cars are going up for a reason: people are starting to figure it out.

The E36 resembles its "non-M" siblings more so than any other generation, and I don't think its a bad thing.

It's a dynamic, analogue car, that introduced the first M3 sedan, has classical styling, and is a wonderful track toy/sleeper.

I think the car deserves its own forum, its a special car in BMW's history, and the first (and favorite?) BMW for many of us on here.
GMe90356.00
Ben M32.50