Thread: First E46 M3!
View Single Post
      12-20-2020, 08:54 PM   #8
JayR_e92
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 6MT e92 M3.

Update:

Having had the M3 for a couple weeks now, I finally set a aside a day to thoroughly drive it at varying rates of speed from very slow to slightly aggressively and listen for any weird noises or quirks. As I had hoped it seems very solid overall, however I did notice upon hard acceleration and shifting aggressively at higher rpms - you can feel/hear a dull clunk right as you disengage the clutch and shift gears. One other thing I noticed is as the rpm's are falling, only at the 2k rpm mark do you feel a slight vibration. From what I have gathered I firmly believe this could just be a matter of needing to refresh the flex disc (guibo) and driveshaft center support.

I went ahead and ordered a new all OEM Guibo, driveshaft center support and center support bearing along with new nuts and bolts. Brand new transmission mounts will also be ordered (even though my current mounts are in good shape, I figure this would be a good time to refresh them).

Anyway, the car is running amazing and is a blast to drive even if I'm just doing the speed limit in town, there's just something so engaging about it. Hope y'all had a good weekend 🤙🏽
Attached Images

Titanium silver E46 M3 (OEM project) current
Appreciate 2