02-01-2018, 03:30 PM   #10
RABAUKE
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2014 MB GLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
So I figured I would ask the OT since you guys are well known across the lands for your stellar advice.

Anyways had to get an MRI done a few months ago. Called some independant place where I usually go they said they dont take my insurance so would cost like $800. Ok fine. I then tried the local hospital down the street from my house and they said they do take my insurance but would still be like $800 out of pocket. Ok I have a high deductible so makes sense but at least here the $800 would go towards my deductible.

Schedule the test and they make me pay the $800 right there before they do anything. Fast forward several weeks later I get a bill from them for like $150. Supposedly for the doctors fees something or the other. Ooook... I set it aside and honestly forgot about it. Then I get another bill for $1,200!!! So I call them up and the lady on the phone was extremely rude. Basically she doesn't know anything other than insurance didn't pay enough and I owe them another $1,200 and tough shit.

Now the $150 I would have paid just to get them off my back even if I don't believe I owe it. However not $1200. I mean like I said I have high deductible so I figured I was paying full out of pocket for it like at the other facility. So how their estimate was off by more than double I don't know, but I don't think that's on me.

Fast forward to now and I got a letter from some collection agency for the $150 I had forgotten about. They only sent one bill and then I got the collection letter. I do not want to pay them the $1200 mainly because they are lying fucks. I have not received a collection letter for the $1200 but I can only imagine its just a matter of time so not sure if I should even bother with the $150.

My credit is already meh mainly because I use a credit card for all my business purchases so it's usually always maxed out even though it gets paid in full each month. Still shows high credit utilization. Apart from the credit card I really don't use credit. I have no plans on moving from my home, my cars are paid off and I buy them cash.

What would you do?
Fuck. Never left a hospital with a bill except for the TV in my room. You guys pay way less in taxes then we do north of the boarder but hospital bills can add up. Hopefully they don't find anything serious, because that's where the big money could start. Peace, hope you're all good.
Appreciate 1