View Single Post
      06-22-2016, 07:45 PM   #186
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Even though the terms of the waiver in my opinion are unacceptable especially with all the discussion about how the events are run, I will probably consider going to at least one of the schools at the PC. I still don't understand the unreasonable requirements to have insurance in place along with the blanket liability spelled out in the waiver in relation to the risk level everyone says is pretty low.

I decided to pull up a copy of the waiver I have to sign to attend the California Superbike School which has a partnership/sponsorship with BMW Motorrad. The waiver only goes over how riding a motorcycle is risky and while the school makes every attempt to provide a safe environment there is a chance you can get killed while participating. No where in the waiver does it state I have to carry any liability insurance as a pre-requisite to participate in the school. As I stated in a previous post on this thread, the school spells out your maximum monetary liability if you wreck one of the school's S1000RRs.

I won't belittle someone who raises concerns about this waiver form you're forced to sign to participate as I have concerns about it myself. And the assumption by the poster with narcissistic personality disorder that someone who raises a flag about the waiver somehow is a "Category 1" person (ie chicken $hit), tell me that while being on a track with no cage around you running at 150+ MPH with other riders running through that same stretch of track. Just this year, there were times I was running down the long straight at VIR on the North Course where I was in a pack going 3 to 4 wide over 130+ MPH approaching turn 1. Nothing gets scarier than having to check up at over 100 MPH when a rider unexpectedly slows dramatically in front of you when you have the majority of your braking done on one wheel.

So since I have concerns about this waiver, tell me how I don't have the balls to get on a track and act responsibly?
Appreciate 5