01-20-2022, 07:14 PM   #5203
chassis
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 9Y0 Cayenne S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
You have a method to prepping this? Looks good for what it is.
Ful Mudammas:
1 can fava beans
1 can chickpeas
1 medium red onion, diced
3 roma tomatoes, diced
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
2T cumin seeds (I like cumin)
1T coriander seeds
1t cumin powder
1t coriander powder
1 green chile, chopped
salt and black pepper to taste
fresh flat leaf parsley 1/2c + 1/2c
fresh coriander (cilantro) 1/2c + 1/2c
1 lemon, flesh only
kalamata olives
approx 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil

Tahini sauce:
2T tahini (sesame) paste
1 clove garlic, finely minced
2T extra virgin olive oil
water
salt

Ful Mudammas:
Heat olive oil until hot but not smoking. Add cumin and coriander seeds and fry until fragrant, careful not to burn them. Add 3/4 of the onion and cook until they start to soften. Add garlic and green chile. Cook further until onions are translucent. Add 2 of the diced tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes soften. Add cumin and coriander powder, cook until well incorporated. Add fava beans and chickpeas, including the liquid in the can. Bring to boil then reduce heat to simmer. Add lemon flesh. Add salt and black pepper to taste. Add 1/2c each cilantro and parsley. Mash 1/2 of the beans using a masher, glass jar, can, etc. Mix well to incorporate the whole and mashed beans. Simmer covered for 30 minutes.

Transfer to serving bowl or plate, garnish with remaining parsley, cilantro, onions, tomatoes and olives. Drizzle tahini sauce and more extra virgin olive oil. Serve with grilled pita. Sliced hard boiled eggs are also good as a garnish.

Tahini sauce:
Mix ingredients together, adding water at the end to adjust consistency. The sauce should drizzle off a spoon. All flavors should be detectable: sesame, garlic, lemon, salt, olive oil.

This recipe is slightly different from mine, but the method is mostly the same: (and the tabla music is good!)

Last edited by chassis; 01-20-2022 at 08:51 PM..
Appreciate 5
hubbahubba8843.50
M5Rick60143.50
Alfisti6502.50
stein_325i25083.00