View Single Post
      07-17-2014, 01:02 PM   #6
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwestm3 View Post
OK so first off, I love this car. However, I can't help but admit that I really like the e46 body style. Everytime I see an e46 M car it just calls to me. I've never driven one, so I have no idea how it compares to my 2008. I'm thinking I won't be happy until I buy one. Of course, I'm looking for the "unicorn", LSB/black leather/6-speed coupe. I just can't seem to get over it. I know people on here have had, or do have, e46 M cars. I've read about problems with the rear unibody rust, SMG, plastic water pump impeller(?), but I just can't get over the lines of that car. I'd like to hear your opinions on it, good and bad...
Always been a fan of the way they look and drive. This is what it'll come down to IMO:
Are you comfortable DIY'ing, or at least willing to learn? If not, skip this car. IMHO, it's more of a maintenance hog than other M3's, which is why I didn't get one and went for an E36 instead.

There's a few guys that upgraded to an E92 and went back to an E46. There's also guys that "downgraded" to an E46 and ended up missing the S65 and came back.

Personally, I've driven a Dinan S3 E46 M3. It was nice, but I wouldn't trade my then more or less stock E92 M3 for it, but that's all personal of course.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0