ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCCA1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by miiipilot View Post
They were so excited to show me the car until I told them, "I can 100% guarantee I will not pay a $7000 mark up." She responded with, "If we don't sell cars with markups, we will have to lay people off."

While admirable, that's a hell no!
They're lying.

They don't "lay off" salespeople since they are not salaried. Their shop is still working and so are the majority of their salaried employees. They're probably also not being truthful about how much federal Payroll Protection Plan money they took as "loans" with no intention of ever paying it back.

Go here to check by zip-code just how much money your local (not-so-small) businesses received from the PPP, and if they ever paid any of it back or if it was "forgiven".

Car dealerships and even churches got way more money than they deserved from a program designed to keep small restaurants and other small businesses from folding due to the pandemic. The abuse of the program really makes me angry. One of our local businesses that picks up dog poop was forgiven over $300,000 in loans and interest. Did dogs stop pooping? Were they unable to pick it up, for some reason? And banks who did the loans got paid 1% of the proceeds for generating the paperwork.
My friend... the abuse of this program by both the rich, corpos and family businesses was so great, they would need to create a seperate agency just for investigations. That program alone created a greater divide between rich and poor during pandemic.

It should literally make everyones blood boil... and it seems it was all forgotten.