View Single Post
      07-13-2023, 12:21 PM   #78
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesinaz View Post
I took up golf after Persimmon and balata were history. Anyone that could score well with that equipment has my respect.
My first set of clubs were persimmon woods + some old Tour Model III irons...straight vintage hand-me-downs from my uncle. I made varsity my freshman year with those shooting 38s on 9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeTE87 View Post
Had my weekly work golf league last night. Probably the worst outing so far this year.

My driving was near perfect...however..my short game...50 yards in towards the pin, was very shitty. I could not find the happy medium to loft the ball onto the green. It would either loft 10-20ft or a line drive to the other end of the green...every time. Which added 2-4 strokes to each hole.
More loft = move it forward a bit more in your stance. Bump+run = move it back in your stance.

Stance should be shoulder width, maybe a bit narrower, and try to take your wrists out of the equation more. Ie, more of a sweeping putting motion with a little bit of wrists than a full wrist swing.

Ball should be around the middle of your stance when I say "forward more", and on the inside of your back heel when I say "back more".

Also, shorten your back swing. If you know you can hit your 54-56 degree wedge 100 yards at full swing and you're aiming for 50 yards, chop your backswing to about the 3 oclock mark, do the sweeping swing I mentioned, and still go "full" at it. The shortened backswing is your power adjustment.

Try that a few times at the range and post back and let me know how it goes.
IG: EmFore_650
Appreciate 2
MoeTE87677.00
chassis6625.50