03-03-2023, 02:15 PM   #13
M3ntal_F80
New M3 Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008M36MT View Post
That’s great advice, and I definitely don’t disagree, during cutting cycles where I ate shit food, the food was stuff like 4 slices of pizza all day, another day it 3 cookies from Crumbl if I was missing a sugar high. Did I feel unwell overall compared to a healthy cut? Yes. Is it better to do it right regardless of how you feel? Yes. My response to the original respondent was that it doesn’t matter what you eat, you can lose weight all the same, so long as you maintain a reduced caloric intake, at least for me.
Now, I also want to try the Keto diet. I have both psychological and physical conditions that could be well served by keto. Keto is just difficult for me because I can eat a chipotle bowl with queso and salsa only all day every day but that’s heavily skewed in favor of a high protein diet.
When I see people say 200g protein a day, I know that may be optimal for working out and getting cut or putting on muscle, I also believe it does have detrimental effects on kidney function long term and the asshole short term. I’m sure it’s better than 3 Crumbl cookies in a day.
My frustration comes from not being able within the metrics of every calculator out there. The only time I feel truly full is when I eat 2500+ calories a day, but then I gain weight regardless of working out.
I've been eating roughly 200 grams of protein a day for years and have never had any issues. Bloodwork has always come back great. Funny thing about keto. On my last visit to the Dr to get my labs reviewed she asked me if I followed a keto diet. I told her I didn't, but I do follow a low carb diet most of the time. She told me I was practically at ketosis, lol. So it's not as difficult as it may appear. One kind of trick that I do when I'm feeling like I want to eat shitty food is I'll fast for an entire day and then enjoy what I want for dinner. It's not the smartest choice, and definitely not something you want to do every day, but every once in a while I find it helps me mentally and I don't gain weight or feel like shit the next day.

My numbers work for me, you'll need to play around and find what works for you. I find that protein helps me feel full. I'm not talking about just protein shakes. I'm talking fish, lean red meat, chicken breasts, etc.

A lot of dieting is all mental. Yeah, you may feel hungry during the day and especially at night, but as long as you're getting your nutrients in during the day, you're good. Over time you'll get used to the feeling of hunger. One thing to add, if you haven't already, have you tried intermittent fasting? When I'm in weight loss mode, I'll follow a 16/8 fast. I typically won't eat past 8 pm and my first meal will be around noon. I find this helps with feeling hungry during the later part of the day as I'm only eating all my meals in an 8 hour window.
Appreciate 0