04-25-2022, 02:43 PM   #21
LSP
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche9114S, VolXC90T8, BMWX5

Quote:
Originally Posted by biznis32 View Post
I didn’t do ceramic but I went with expel on the entire front and side panels. I didn’t learn much from the delivery process and I was out in 40 minutes. They just went through the M settings and that was it. Since I have an X5 I’m familiar with the bmw interface. I usually feel that I’m more knowledgeable than the SA’s anyways.
Biznis and Grapz - I also only did PPF on the front (hood and fenders) and no ceramic. Also did door cups and side mirrors. The ppf on the hood has to be redone because there was some debris trapped under it and the rear door cups have bubbles (dealer has kindly agreed to replace).
What is still up for debate is the nose of the car - I thought it would be covered based on my correspondence with aftersales. Waiting to hear back from the dealer on what they will do. I really don't understand why only the hood and fenders (to A pillars) would be done and not the most exposed painted portion of the car (even if it is paint on a plastic bumper). What are others PPF'ing?
Appreciate 0