01-30-2010, 12:55 AM   #30
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Turbo Festiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVF4Rrider View Post
Yeah the S65's advantage over the S54 is the wider and flatter torque curve in the upper rpm region to redline. Euro spec to Euro spec the difference is much less than US spec S54 to S65. The US S54 is down 17 lb-ft to the Euro version. BMW NA always seems to screw everything up coming here. Still I love the S54 (have two of them!) as it loves to rev and because it has a little less power you can wind it up more often without attracting too much attention. Fuel economy is better in the S54 of course, but has much to do with the lighter bodies they're in. Change the rear diff in the M3 or Z4M and it'll keep up with the new M3. Bone stock the Z4M walks all over the E46 M3. Both are a blast so either is a great choice. I plan to keep mine for decades. I'll go weeks without driving one or the other so each time I get in the "other" it's like new fun all over again!
The OP should maybe look at the M coupe. This car is a future classic. The Z3M is still very desirable. Z4M prices seemed to went down a lot lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.
Appreciate 0