03-28-2024, 03:15 PM   #7832
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
...when you are skiing with your grandchildren and, while waiting in lift line, a guy says to me; "Wow, skiing with your grand kids. I can't believe you are still skiing at your age!". I didn't know whether to thank him, punch him in the jaw, or take him up on the hill and race him down!!. For the record, I thanked him.

Photo of me following three of my six grand kids on a perfect day at Heavenly Ski Resort.

My youngest is 4 and he just started ski lessons. Next year I will ski with him and meet my goal of skiing with all of my grandchildren. Season pass for 2024-2025 already purchased.
My uncle (Dad's brother) was a great skier. He skied into his late years. At the end he was under heavy pain killers for cancer and was semi-comatose. His wife saw he was smiling in his half-asleep state and asked him where he was. He said he was skiing down Wildcat Mtn. (NH) His last thoughts were about skiing.

I was never a good skier but I always enjoyed doing it. I was once the only skier going up and down a black diamond slope at Sunday River in Maine. It was bitter cold, but I couldn't resist the chance to have the entire ski run to myself. The ski lift operator thought I was nuts.

"Life is uncertain, eat bacon now."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 5
sygazelle11478.00
Esteban44207.50
Buug95917721.50
Soul_Glo13372.00