View Single Post
      07-25-2020, 05:43 AM   #56
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

Gotta confess I love these what to buy posts (check my history you will see I am a repeat offender in asking for such advice myself )

OP, tell us a little more about what you value in the driving experience and you'll get better advice

how much do compact size and visibility matter to you?
are you more into the feel of power and acceleration or handling?
do you need something with low end torque?
how much does refinement and build quality matter to you?
how much does cache or status of the car matter to you?

for me it's always been about the smiles per mile in the driving experience. After my 2014 Cayman S, I've driven a bunch of cars looking to replicate the highs I had with that car when I first got it. The only car that has really blown me away and I see as a keeper (well at least until I get bored of it ) is the R8 V10 6MT. Mind blowing instant throttle response and acceleration, wicked sound, awesome transmission.

If you really can't stretch the budget to fit an r8 v10 manual, and if you're worried about repair costs, I would go for a 981 Cayman S 6MT, you don't need the GTS, a properly optioned S will offer a close enough driving experience at a much lower price.

I havent' driven a GT350, the closest I came was a bullitt, but the sheer size of that thing put me off, it also felt just a little sloppy, like the C7 I owned for all of 3 weeks. If you are used to german cars, you might tire of the "sloppy" feel that I would expect a gt350 might have in nuanced ways.

if you are sticking to 75K, I would definitely put a 2014-2016 Cayman S at the top of your list.
Appreciate 1
SoCal_NSX2399.50